[STS-Africa] Accepting Contributions for Anthropology and Environment Blog, Engagement

Jia Hui Lee jiahuilee.q at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 17:16:19 SAST 2023

Hello!

My name is Jia Hui and I am one of the new co-editors of *Engagement*
<https://aesengagement.wordpress.com/>, the official blog of the
Anthropology and Environment Society.

We are currently looking for contributions! I am particularly interested in
showcasing environmental/ecological STS work from/in Africa. There are
several ways to submit your work: You can propose a thematic series
<https://aesengagement.wordpress.com/thematic-series/> or submit to an
existing one. We welcome highlights from conferences, fieldwork, or social
movements. You can submit reflections on teaching, doing research, and
working with communities. We also welcome summaries of newly published
work, interviews with authors, experimental writing, and photographic
essays.

This is a great way to share your work and ideas in a less formal setting,
and be connected to a community of scholars interested in the environment.

Either myself or someone else in the editorial team will work with you on a
draft. I am also happy to work with you on submissions in Kiswahili and our
editorial team accepts Spanish-language submissions.

Please reach out if you have a question. I look forward to hearing from you
and learning about your work!

Ahsante,
Jia Hui

--
Jia Hui Lee
he/him

Mellon Postdoctoral Fellow
Visiting Assistant Professor of Anthropology
Haverford College
www.jiahuilee.com