[STS-Africa] Fwd: Ethnography Circle Goes Online for Fifth Session

Gianluca Miscione gianluca.miscione at ucd.ie
Mon Apr 13 20:49:00 SAST 2020

Probably fo interest.
Stay safe,
Gianluca

Gianluca Miscione
University College Dublin
http://www.ucd.ie/cito/members/gianlucamiscione

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: ethnography, Resource <ethnography at wbs.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 12:27 PM
Subject: Ethnography Circle Goes Online for Fifth Session
To: ethnography, Resource <ethnography at wbs.ac.uk>

Dear All,

We hope that you and your families are safe and well.

One of the things that Covid-19 has significantly affected is fieldwork.
Many of us are having to rethink our data collection strategies while plans
and proposals for research have also been put on hold. How do we deal with
this?

To find some responses you are invited to join and contribute to the
first *virtual
ethnography circle* 30th April 3:00-4:30 pm to discuss:

*“Help! My field-site has evaporated, what do I do now?”*

We hope to use the Ethnography Circle platform to see if as a research
community we can think through and share some insights into potential
strategies for data collection when traditional ethnography is not
possible.  We have already seen researchers coming together to think
through novel ways of doing fieldwork in a pandemic (check this
<https://bit.ly/2X6s4XA> document). What is your experience with these
methods? What are you personally doing? What are others doing?

As always participation is free but in order to prevent zoom bombing and
other surprises you are invited to register here
<https://www.wbs.ac.uk/events/view/6195>.

We hope that you can join.

All the best,

Ila Bharatan and Davide Nicolini