[STS-Africa] Wellcome Trust project, ‘Law, Medicines and the Making of ‘Modern’ Healthcare

Foster, Laura fosterl at indiana.edu
Sat Mar 23 21:08:10 SAST 2019

Hi All

I am forwarding this postdoctoral position that some of you might be interested in.

Kind regards,

Laura

Dr. Laura Foster, JD, PhD
Associate Professor of Gender Studies
Director of Graduate Studies
Affiliate Faculty, Indiana Maurer School of Law
Affiliate Faculty, African Studies
Indiana University Bloomington

Reinventing Hoodia: Peoples, Plants, and Patents in South Africa
(University of Washington Press, 2017) (University of the Witwatersrand, 2018)
http://www.washington.edu/uwpress/search/books/FOSHOO.html
https://witspress.co.za/catalogue/reinventing-hoodia/

From: Emilie Cloatre <E.Cloatre at kent.ac.uk><mailto:E.Cloatre at kent.ac.uk>

Dear All,

I am writing to let you know that I have just advertised a 2-year Postdoctoral Research Associate position, for someone to join my Wellcome Trust project, ‘Law, Medicines and the Making of ‘Modern’ Healthcare’.  Full details for the post are available here: https://jobs.kent.ac.uk/vacancy.aspx?ref=SS-002-19

The project is focused on the regulation of alternative and traditional medicine in Europe and Africa, and seeks to interrogate the histories and context of these contemporary legal systems, and their effects on health practices. It cuts across a number of disciplines including socio-legal studies, Science and Technology Studies, medical anthropology and the history of medicine (further details on the project are available on our website https://research.kent.ac.uk/lawmedicalknowledges ). Candidates from each of these disciplinary backgrounds are welcome to apply, although they should have previously engaged with questions of law and regulation (but this can be from a number of perspectives).

I would be grateful if you could circulate the ad to relevant mailing lists and contacts to whom you think this might be of interest, and of course I am very happy to be contacted informally for any queries.

Very best wishes,

Emilie

Professor Emilie Cloatre
Wellcome Investigator & Co-Director of Research
Kent Law School
Eliot Building
University of Kent
CT27NS Canterbury