[STS-Africa] FW: UCD Development and Humanitarian Network

Gianluca Miscione gianluca.miscione at ucd.ie
Fri May 12 11:59:16 SAST 2017

Perhaps of interest?

​

Gianluca Miscione
​University College Dublin
http://www.ucd.ie/mis/members/gianlucamiscione/

From: Principal, UCD Social Sciences and Law [mailto:principalsocscilaw at ucd.ie]
Sent: Friday 12 May 2017 10:39
To: deanofbusiness at ucd.ie; pat.f.gibbons at ucd.ie; alex.evans at ucd.ie; Andy.Storey at ucd.ie; caroline at ucdvo.org; Christine.Bonnin at ucd.ie; maeve.a.houlihan at ucd.ie; 'eleni.mangina at ucd.ie; hasheem.mannan at ucd.ie; dolores.oriordan at ucd.ie; chasprincipal at ucd.ie; cecily.kelleher at ucd.ie; eilish.mcauliffe at ucd.ie; gianluca.miscione at ucd.ie; padraig wims <p.wims at ucd.ie>; graham.finlay at ucd.ie; orla.feely at ucd.ie; ppwalsh at ucd.ie; donna.marshall at ucd.ie; cliona.osullivan at ucd.ie; aifric.osullivan at ucd.ie; diane.payne at ucd.ie; federico.ferretti at ucd.ie; seamas.kelly at ucd.ie; thilo.kroll at ucd.ie; jacob.eisenberg at ucd.ie; anne.mulhall at ucd.ie; maire.coyle at ucd.ie; justin.synnott at ucd.ie; alun.jones at ucd.ie; 'Christine Linehan' <christine.linehan at ucd.ie>
Cc: aine.doherty at ucd.ie; beth.kilkenny at ucd.ie; roslyn.reddy at ucd.ie
Subject: UCD Development and Humanitarian Network

Dear Colleagues,

Thank you for your support for the two meetings we held in the autumn with a view to developing a UCD Development and Humanitarian Network at UCD. One of the matters we addressed at our last meeting - the IRC Caroline MSCA Co-Fund Post-Doctoral Fellowships - has since moved on and yielded a number of positive outcomes for UCD with funding successes.

We had discussed a follow up meeting for December/January, but for a number of reasons the dates proposed did not work out. I apologise for hiatus, extended by a demanding semester, just finishing

Ciarán and I would like to convene a further meeting before the end of the academic year to implement the idea for a kind of speed dating at which members of the network take no more than five minutes to present a project, an initiative or an activity in the development/humanitarian area which they are involved with and which benefits from sharing and engagement with others on the campus. This will facilitate learning and cooperation across the campus with a view to building greater interdisciplinary engagement.

Could I ask you to do the following:

1. Confirm availability for Monday 12th June, 2-3.30pm for our next network meeting in D101 Newman

2. Offer your participation with a short outline of a project, initiative or activity which you wish to engage the network with.

3. Share this message with colleagues with interests in development/humanitarian matters and ask them to respond too.

Many thanks. We look forward to renewing conversations in June with a view to moving the Network forward.

With best wishes,

Ciarán Ó hÓgartaigh

Colin Scott