[STS-Africa] MARCH 22: Wits Science, Tech, & Medicine reading group

Rachel Ceasar rachel.ceasar at wits.ac.za
Tue Mar 1 16:17:13 SAST 2016

Dear STS Africa,

Wits University has recently started a science, technology, and medicine reading group and I wanted to invite the STS-Africa community to join us on March 22 when we???ll be meeting to discuss two readings related to the theme of ???Taboo.???

The reading group is a joint effort of WISER and the School of Public Health to bridge the gap and encourage collaboration between the social sciences and sciences.

For those of you who can???t join us, you can follow along with us on our blog, https://stmwits.wordpress.com/.

Best Regards,
Rachel

Science, Technology, and Medicine Reading Group
Next meeting: March 22
13-15h

The second reading group meeting of the WISER/SPH Science, Technology, and Medicine series will take place on Tuesday, March 22 from 13-15h in Room 312 at the School of Public Health, Education Campus, University of the Witwatersrand.

The reading group meets once a month on the last Tuesday of the month (except in March due to the holiday) to read and discuss how we study, understand, and are affected by science, technology, and medicine (STM).

We offer a space for colleagues to share STM stories, theories, and histories that are specific to South African and Southern Africa contexts. The goal of the reading group is to explore what a feminist, postcolonial, and indigenous approach to STM looks like from here in South Africa.

For more information and access to our readings, check out our website: https://stmwits.wordpress.com<https://stmwits.wordpress.com/>

[cid:8d587ebc-8f16-4a8b-bf2c-e95b78d0df01 at wits.ac.za]