[STS-Africa] PhD and postdoc positions in the ERAfrica project: pre-announcement

Luisa Reis de Castro luisareiscastro at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 00:16:02 SAST 2014

*Pre-announcement of PhD and postdoc positions in the ERAfrica project
'Addressing societal challenges of biotechnology in Africa. Towards
balanced innovation'.*

Recently the Program board of the ERAfrica program - a joined
European-African project - honoured a proposal that was submitted by a
consortium of 6 partners from 5 countries (South Africa, Burkina Faso,
Kenya, Belgium and the Netherlands). The University of Groningen is project
leader of this international project.

For the Dutch part of the research project we search for a PhD (4 years)
and postdoc (probably 2 years) at the Science & Society Group of the
University of Groningen. For both positions we look for candidates with
interests and educational (PhD) or professional experience (Postdoc) in
innovation studies and the role of (bio)technology in Third World
contexts.

Because the project is, due to administrative requirements, not formally
approved yet, this is only a pre-announcement. The project will probably
start on August 1, 2014.  We hope that we can appoint the candidates as
soon as possible after the start of the project. If you are interested
email to j.a.a.swart at rug.nl. We will then asap inform you if the positions
are open for applications.

Sjaak Swart

J.A.A. Swart

Science & Society Group

Faculty of Mathematics & Natural Sciences
University of Groningen

Room 5115.0308

Nijenborgh 4
9747 AG Groningen