[State at Wits] WIPES 2021 : 1

Keith Breckenridge keith at breckenridge.org.za
Wed Feb 24 09:17:36 SAST 2021

*The first meeting of the PE seminar will be next  Wednesday, March 3, 4 to
5pm.*

We will read Catherine Boone  *Property and Political Order* (at least
Chaps 1, 2 & 9, but 4, 5 and 11 also good).  We will also discuss what to
read next but candidates include :

Anievas & Nisancioglu *How the West came to Rule*
Helleiner* States and the Reemergence of Global Finance*
Kelton *Deficit Myth*
Mick Moore's *Taxing Africa* ...

-------
Keith Breckenridge  *W I S E R* - The Wits Institute for Social and
Economic Research, University of the Witwatersrand | Pbag 3, PO Wits,
 Johannesburg, South Africa, 2050 | Phone +27(0)11-7174272 | Web:
wiser.wits.ac.za