[State at Wits] WIPES | Thursday | Sept 2 | 4:00pm | Helleiner on States and Global Finance

Keith Breckenridge keith at breckenridge.org.za
Mon Aug 23 18:22:15 SAST 2021

For next Thursday's discussion, we will be reading

Helleiner, Eric. *States and the Reemergence of Global Finance: From
Bretton Woods to the 1990s*. Cornell University Press, 1996.  Chaps 1,  2,
5, 6 and 7.

   - 1. Introduction, 2. Bretton Woods and the Endorsement of Capital
   Controls, 4. Support for the Euromarket in the 1960s, 6. Four Turning
   Points in the Late 1970S and Early 1980s, 7. The Liberalization Trend in
   the 1980s

-------
Keith Breckenridge  *W I S E R* - The Wits Institute for Social and
Economic Research, University of the Witwatersrand | Pbag 3, PO Wits,
 Johannesburg, South Africa, 2050 | Phone +27(0)11-7174272 | Web:
wiser.wits.ac.za