[State at Wits] WIPES | Property and Hierarchy | Wednesday, November 11, 4pm

Keith Breckenridge keith at breckenridge.org.za
Tue Nov 3 10:40:22 SAST 2020

For the next meeting of WIPES we will be reading

1) the short book by Lisa Adkins* et al *on *the Asset* *Economy*.  The
book is available in several ebook formats.

2) the following extracts from Catherine Boone's *Property and Political
Order in Africa* : Chapter 2 Land Tenure Regimes and Political Order in
Rural Africa *or* Chapter 3 Rising Competition for Land Redistribution *and*
Chapter 9 Winning and Losing Politically Allocated Land Rights.

-------
Keith Breckenridge  *W I S E R* - The Wits Institute for Social and
Economic Research, University of the Witwatersrand | Pbag 3, PO Wits,
 Johannesburg, South Africa, 2050 | Phone +27(0)11-7174272 | Web:
wiser.wits.ac.za