[State at Wits] WIPES : Tooze discussion on Covid and debt, Wednesday, July 15, 4pm

Keith Breckenridge keith at breckenridge.org.za
Mon Jul 13 08:12:39 SAST 2020

On Wednesday, we will be discussing Tooze's recent writing on the global
economy after the pandemic, and critical reviews of his work.

An article in Foreign Policy article on emerging markets
https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/03/28/coronavirus-biggest-emerging-markets-crisis-ever/
.

A Bloomberg interview https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1YqKDEwvYVwGV

And a piece in the London Review of Books (attached).

Also attached are essays by his critics in NLR.

On Monday, July 20, Tooze will join us for a jointly hosted seminar,
<https://wiser.wits.ac.za/content/panel-discussion-crashed-13466> and we
will be gathering questions to share with him in advance of that meeting.

-------
Keith Breckenridge  *W I S E R* - The Wits Institute for Social and
Economic Research, University of the Witwatersrand | Pbag 3, PO Wits,
 Johannesburg, South Africa, 2050 | Phone +27(0)11-7174272 | Web:
wiser.wits.ac.za