[Afridig] introduction

Martin Bekker martin.bekker at wits.ac.za
Wed Aug 3 11:27:13 SAST 2022

[cid:image-3079754-23074 at za04.rocketseed.com]<http://za04.rocketseed.com/rs/60DvDtYB>

Dear Colleagues and Comrades

I'm writing at the encouragement of Prof Breckenridge to introduce myself to this forum.

I've joined the Wits School of Electronic and Information Engineering, lecturing the ethics of AI - having previously based at the Centre for Social Change at UJ (with Carin Runciman and Kate Alexander).

My interests are in robot ethics, human development and social movements. My PhD<https://ujcontent.uj.ac.za/vital/%20access/manager/Repository/uj:42919> used machine learning to extract<https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/21528586.2021.1982762>, map<https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17445647.2022.2064778?src=recsys> and model<https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/03056244.2021.1953976?src=recsys> all SA protests. Hoping to connect with you soon.

Warm wishes all,
Martin

Martin Bekker, PhD, MSc, MA

Associate Lecturer | School of Electrical and Information Engineering

[cid:image-593396-23074 at za04.rocketseed.com]

E : martin.bekker at wits.ac.za

W : www.wits.ac.za/eie<http://www.wits.ac.za/eie>

[cid:image-879569-23074 at za04.rocketseed.com]
[cid:image-593395-23074 at za04.rocketseed.com]

School of Electrical and Information Engineering, 2nd Floor, Chamber of Mines Building,

Braamfontein West Campus, Johannesburg

[cid:image-593394-23074 at za04.rocketseed.com]

This communication is intended for the addressee only. It is confidential. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately and destroy the original message. You may not copy or disseminate this communication without the permission of the University. Only authorised signatories are competent to enter into agreements on behalf of the University and recipients are thus advised that the content of this message may not be legally binding on the University and may contain the personal views and opinions of the author, which are not necessarily the views and opinions of The University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg. All agreements between the University and outsiders are subject to South African Law unless the University agrees in writing to the contrary.