[Afridig] Afridig Omeka S resources

Keith Breckenridge keith at breckenridge.org.za
Wed Jun 9 11:45:37 SAST 2021

Dear colleagues,

Over the next month we will be building an Omeka S server for people who
are interested in building their own virtual collections.  While Sanjin and
colleagues at UCT have been working on this for some time, most campuses do
not have Omeka S resources or expertise.  The idea for this shared resource
is that each project or person will be able to build a separate virtual
collection space,  migrating to campus-based servers when those are ready.

We will also be hosting two (perhaps more) workshops by the people at
Omeka.  The first will be introductory, and the second (and further) will
address people's specific technical (and philosophical!) questions.  The
first workshop will be towards the end of this month.  The second, in
mid-July (after the project presentation workshops).

*The cost of the Omeka workshops will be covered by the grant, but we ask
people who are interested in having an account on the Omeka S server, or
who would like to attend the workshops to please complete the form below at
https://forms.gle/ccUJLUTN7b5mtW8h9 <https://forms.gle/ccUJLUTN7b5mtW8h9>.*

Thanks, Keith & Hlonipha.

-------
Keith Breckenridge  *W I S E R* - The Wits Institute for Social and
Economic Research, University of the Witwatersrand | Pbag 3, PO Wits,
 Johannesburg, South Africa, 2050 | Phone +27(0)11-7174272 | Web:
wiser.wits.ac.za