[Afridig] Programme in African Digital Humanities Zoom Workshops, Sept 16 & 17

Keith Breckenridge keith at breckenridge.org.za
Tue Sep 8 10:05:17 SAST 2020

Dear colleagues,

This is a reminder of the on-line workshops we have planned for next week,
picking up on some of the shared problems from the projects across the
South African university campuses.  We'd like to share this with the wider
network this evening, so please let me know asap if you see any problems.

Thanks, k
- - -

Wednesday, Sept 16, 3pm - 5:30 pm (South African Time)

**  1)  Opening discussion*

**  2)  Using AtoM <https://www.accesstomemory.org/en/> for collection
assembly and research* : presentations and discussion by Corinne Rogers (
Artefactual <https://www.artefactual.com/>) and the Five Hundred Year
Archive <http://fhya.org>.

* *3)  Digital Object Identifiers (DOIs) and the problems of South African
meta-data specification and digitisation*. Matt Buys / Helena Cousijn (
Datacite <https://datacite.org/>),  Niklas Zimmer (UCT Digital Library
Services <http://www.digitalservices.lib.uct.ac.za/>),  Andrew Joseph (Wits
University Press)

Thursday, Sept 17,  3pm - 5:30 pm (South African Time)

** 4)  Using Omeka *:  Sharon Leon (MSU and Omeka.org), Sanjic Muftic (UCT
Omeka S), Azizo de Fonseca (Wits Digicentre)

** 5)  South African Copyright Law and Humanities Research *Carlo Lavizzari
(https://www.lclaw.ch/en/attorneys/carlo-scollo-lavizzari/) and Tobias
Schonwetter (Intellectual Property Unit UCT Law School)

** 6) Closing Discussion*
-------
Keith Breckenridge  *W I S E R* - The Wits Institute for Social and
Economic Research, University of the Witwatersrand | Pbag 3, PO Wits,
 Johannesburg, South Africa, 2050 | Phone +27(0)11-7174272 | Web:
wiser.wits.ac.za