[Afridig] Two types of detailed proposal

Keith Breckenridge keith at breckenridge.org.za
Fri Feb 15 11:58:09 SAST 2019

Hi Pippa (and all),

It's important that people submitting the detailed proposals should plan to
be with us on March 8.  We think you'll find the Machine Learning and
Humanities workshop on March 7 interesting and useful, so we're hoping that
you'll join us for that day as well.  We will certainly cover hotels for
one representative for each project (if that's necessary).  I would stick
around until Saturday morning, and not try to bomb out of Joburg on the
Friday evening, which is, as you say, often a nightmare.

On the formats for presentation, we will be able to say more once we've had
a chance to review them at the end of this month, but I think you can plan
on a short presentation -- say 15 minutes -- with about the same time for
questions.

Likewise on meeting you (and everyone else here).

Yours, K

-------
Keith Breckenridge  *W I S E R* - The Wits Institute for Social and
Economic Research, University of the Witwatersrand | Pbag 3, PO Wits,
 Johannesburg, South Africa, 2050 | Phone +27(0)11-7174272 | Web:
wiser.wits.ac.za
<http://goo.gl/nJKK5N> | Co - Editor, Journal of African History
<http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displayJournal?jid=AFH>.