[Afridig] Afridig Scoping Grants : Criteria for assessment

Christine Lucia christinelucia27 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 11:53:27 SAST 2019

Dear Keith & Hlonipha (and Hilde at Africa Open, Stellenbosch, for info)

Greetings and all good wishes for 2019.

Thank you for your message of 29 November (below) - all points duly noted.

I am not sure when everyone re-opens their office, but am writing to say that I am starting to work on the full proposal for the digitization project for which Africa Open (where I am based) received a scoping grant of 25k for a preliminary proposal.

This money was not yet available by the time we at Stellenbosch went on recess in early December - it had not come into our account, from WISER.

So what I am mainly wanting to know here is, when will we receive it?

One of the things I want to use it for is to buy a mobile digital scanner-camera to scan music manuscripts on the hoof.

Another is to travel to the UK and elsewhere (from France, where I live most of the time) to seek out some of the material I want to present in my full proposal.

Both of these things require money.

I note that the closing date for uploading the full proposal online is 20 February, which is about 6 weeks away.

Kind regards

Christine