[Afridig] Welcome to the African Programme in Digital Humanities listserv

Keith Breckenridge keith at breckenridge.org.za
Tue Aug 7 22:10:00 SAST 2018

Dear colleagues,

Welcome to the Afridig list, which we hope will help to re-energise the
digital humanities in southern Africa as part of the Mellon-funded
Supra-Institutional Proposal with the same name
<https://wiser.wits.ac.za/page/programme-african-digital-humanities-2018-2023-13069>.
Our plan is to use the list for announcements and calls for proposals, but
we'd also like to encourage people to share resources on some of the
specific problems that concern the digital humanities (and the humanities
and social sciences in general) in this part of the world.  If you have
suggestions or questions that you'd like to pose to a wider, national group
of people interested in these problems please do that here. And, also,
encourage people who are interested in the digital humanities to subscribe
(You should have a separate email from the server explaining how to do
that).

Yours, Keith

-------
Keith Breckenridge  *W I S E R* - The Wits Institute for Social and
Economic Research, University of the Witwatersrand | Pbag 3, PO Wits,
 Johannesburg, South Africa, 2050 | Phone +27(0)11-7174272 | Web:
wiser.wits.ac.za
<http://goo.gl/nJKK5N> | Co - Editor, Journal of African History
<http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displayJournal?jid=AFH>.